Friday 16 March 2018

Love Is All You Need - Mixed Media



I'm always falling in love.
Somedays it's a new flower, other days it's a piece of music and sometimes it's a crafty project.
I'm just a romantic fool.


This project was for 2 very special, loveable people and also an excuse to have a go at 'proper' scrapbooking.


What I love about mixed media is the opportunity to use all sorts of different mediums and in ways that I've not used them before.


Everywhere I go now, I'm looking to see if I can use things in this new craft that I'm enjoying so much. Bits of wood, bottle tops, packaging, old jars....I've become a bit of a magpie. 


So I started with a delicate, pale, green page from the beautiful First Edition Papers 'The promise' 12 × 12 inch paper pack. Every page in this pack is soft and elegant, like classy wallpaper.


I clear gesso'd my page first so that I could add some additional paint / spray colours, then it was just a case of positioning my centrepiece, in this case the photo, and then decorating around it.


I used a paper doily, die-cut paper foliage, art stones, glass glitter, glass stones, Nuvo Crystal Drops, wooden shapes, Christmas floral pieces and wedding decorations. The beautiful flowers are from 49 and Market. There's also a stencilled heart backdrop to the embellishments but you can't see it in the photos.



I loved making this.
Love is everywhere....and it's all you need.

3 comments:

Anne Agar-krill said...

Another fabulous piece!

Chrissy said...

What a lovely piece Jane..love the flowers, leaves and micro beads..love the soft green and all the other tiny details..beautiful,love the layout.

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning piece of art work Jane, gorgeous embellishments and design, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...