Thursday 15 March 2018

Mixed Media Tag


Ahoy!
Today I have a mixed media tag that's simply oooooozing with embellishments.


The tag is a heavyweight chipboard from Prima and measures 3.5 x 6 inches.


Gesso'd first to prepare the base then a layer of white, crackle paste.


I decided to go for a rustic look with embellishments painted and waxed with browns, golds and brassy colours. I used Prima Impasto paint and then a selection of acrylic paints and metallique waxes, again all from Prima / Finnabair.


Lots of embellishments surround the picture frame, which has an opening on one side so you can slip a photo in.


So what did I use? Well...no kitchen sink this time...lol, but I did use wooden hearts, glass stones, microbeads, glitter (regular and glass glitter), ....


.... some wooden shapes and metal flowers. I painted the flowers pink in the end as I felt they were getting a bit lost being a bronze colour.


So there you have it.
A really touch, feely tag.

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Jane your tag is stunning, decorated with beautiful embellishments too, love everything about it, you are so artistic and inspirational, Kate x

Dotty Jo said...

Looks brilliant, Jane! Jo x

Anne Agar-krill said...

Just love your mixed media work!Keep it coming ,so inspiring!

Chrissy said...

I love this mixed media tag also Jane..wonderful coloures and textures, perfect placement of all your bits and Il ove those micro beads..I'm going to get some of those, just to have..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...