Monday 6 June 2011

RAIN...at last!!

It's Monday & it's chucking it down...Thank goodness Oliver's school is closed today and I'm starting my new gardening job tomorrow. I'd be soaked through by now & you can't really ring in on day 2 with influenza. I shall spend the day cleaning & sharpening my tools in preparation & dig out my trusty kagoole.
I saw a pot of poppies like this in a DIY store the other day & was inspired by just how many colours you can get them in...and somehow, despite my 'plant addiction',  I managed to leave the store without them. BUT, they were on my mind all day so I made this card using a beautiful freebie from Digisparkle. It's coloured with Promarkers, cut into even sized strips & then stuck back down but leaving small gaps...I know...more randomness!

Entering it at -
The Crafty Pad - Stripes
Sir Stampalot - June Challenge - Photo Inspiration

15 comments:

Faye said...

Well, I'm glad poppies are on your mind, because you massive pants are on mine!! Thank the lord you don't get them wet, they'd take years to dry out! Hope tomorrow is fab. Oh and I love your poppies. xxx

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Jane and I hope tommorow wil be fun on your first day
Hugs Heidy

brenda said...

Lots of rain here as well Jane. but we really do need it desperately here in the Fens.

A lovely card, the panels work so well and make for a really elegant card.

Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Cannelege this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

PinksyDoodles said...

We're still waiting for the rain here but I'm sure it is on it's way!
Your poppies are beautiful and I love how you have created the panels on your card.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
Good luck with your new job!
Clare x

Dawn said...

Love your Poppy Card! I'm working on a Poppy project at the moment too!
Thanks for playing at The crafty Pad in our Stripes Challenge.
Hugs
Dawn xxx

pinky said...

Beautiful card, love the fresh feel and the effect of the panels. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Tracey said...

This is wonderful Jane & how apt as you are starting your new gardening job tomorrow :) Have a great day & enjoy yourself!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

MaudMartha said...

A simple card done to perfection. Gorgeous colours. Hope it's dry for tomorrows gardening job. Teresa x

Julie said...

Great card, Jane - love the poppies and the strip design!! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog today - I knew I'd like you!! Trust me I wasn't no child bride!!! Big birthday next year!! Juliexx

Mina said...

I saw the most amazing shades of poppies at the weekend too Jane and this reminds me of them so much...its beautiful...hope the rain stays off or we will have to wring you out girl
Mina xxx

Marlene said...

Another fabulous card! Love the way you chopped this sucker.

What the heck is a kagoole?

chris said...

Hiya Jane your poppy card is fabulous, very striking.
Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
Hugs Chris xx

Francesca said...

Very beautiful
Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck !
Hugs
Francesca

Sally H said...

A beautiful Poppy inspired card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck with the challenge and the new job

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Randomness it may be but it sure have cuteness and I love it! Thanks for playing in The Crafty Pad - Stripes Challenge challenge this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...