Sunday 2 December 2012

Celebration!

What better way to celebrate the final Christmas card being made, written & sealed than with a humongous cake!
Now there's a story in itself...brace yourselves. Favourite daughter, who is cateringly-challenged like her mother, asked this afternoon if she could make meringue biscuits. At this moment the usual 'alarm bells of fear' failed to work. Somehow (insanely) I said 'go for it'...clearly my brain had not defrosted from standing on the freezing touch-line of my son's football match ealier in the day.
A simple recipe resulted in:-
Favourite son splattered with meringue mix,
Favourite daughter requiring a complete change of clothes following a struggle with a food mixer (on high speed) and a giant box of icing sugar,
A vacuum cleaner to clear the air of the icing sugar smog,
EVERYTHING in the kitchen needing wiping down and...
A small fire!
There's never a dull moment in our house.
 
Promarkers (inc' background)
 
Entering it at -

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh! I'm challenged with electric mixers...the dishcloth always jumps in between the blade things...disater everytime...I have been banned from using one..

Fabulous card, look at the size of that cake..and it's PINK!!
Love the little flower candies.

Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Fab card Jane!!
XXX Heidy

Caroline said...

This is so beautiful I love that image coloured beautifully and the layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable card Jane and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Oh dear!! I hope the biscuits tasted nice after all that mess!
Your card is fabulous. I love that image and the background looks brilliant.
Sue

merry said...

The card made me smile & your story made me giggle. Both are wonderful!!
merry

merry said...

Your card made me smile & the story made me giggle. Both are wonderful!!

Maya Ariffin said...

This card is lovely! It's make me hungry too seeing that tall cake! Lol! Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Maya xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous, love your card. Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...