Sunday 19 July 2015

Girlie Magnolias


After blinding you with zingy 'Zig-a-zig-ahhh' Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in my last post here, I thought I'd calm it down today with some soft, girlie pink.



This is Altenew's stamp set 'Magnolias For Her' again. Last time here, I coloured in using lemony Zig Clean Color markers. 
On this card I've used my Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils.


As before, I've embossed on watercolour card with clear embossing powder.


Instead of colouring the image and then adding water, this time I wet the pencil nib to grab colour, created puddles of colour on my craft sheet, then applied to my stamped images and added just clean water to fade out the colour.


I found using a teeny paint brush easier than a water-pen brush. I think I tend to squeeeeeeeze too much water out.


I then got all arty-farty and flicked some of the pink across my card blank, fussy cut the coloured images and added to my card.


 A few randomly scattered pink pearl gems, this is the hardest part...lol... et voila!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Once again those perfectly placed pearls,they add such elegance and I love the beautiful pink of the flowers and splattering of colour in the background...very, very pretty...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Jane & I love the arty-farty flickering of ink :o)
I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...