Saturday 5 September 2015

Groovy Birds Do Abbey Road



Some of my greatest ideas for cards come just as I fall asleep.
99.9% of my ideas have disappeared by the time morning arrives so it was a miracle that this card made it beyond breakfast.


The idea was to use the 4 birds from the MFT Birds of Paradise set, that weren't surrounded by foliage, in a version of The Beatles & their famous Abbey Road crossing.


The more observant viewer will have noticed that the birds are not all facing the same way.
PANIC!!!!!

Several 'Googling' hours later and I found a brilliant video by Unifyhandmade on how to reverse the direction of your stamps. The technique is soooo simple yet pure genius. I encourage you to watch this video if you ever need to mirror your stamped images. (Give a thumbs-up while you're there too)


The ol' Zigs are certainly earning their keep and here are the colours I used. I just used them as regular markers on Neenah Solar White card and in the words of the awesomeness that is Laura Bassen, they 'blend like butter'.


The addition of a hand-drawn zebra-crossing, googly-eyes & a hint of shimmer and job done.
I'm quite chuffed with this, twaz almost a nightmare but my dream turned out pretty sweet.
Job done!

I'm entering this card into the MFT Card Design Superstar contest.

28 comments:

Valerie Babcock said...

This is fabulous! So glad you stuck it out, because you ended up with a super card! Good luck on the contest!

doo6300 said...

Love this!! Good job on reversing the stamps.

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my stars, this is super creative and so so adorable!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, fabulous card, love the bright birds, and your colouring is ace, Kate x

Craft-E-Place said...

Inspired design - such a great idea I'm so pleased that it was still in your mind when you woke up! I have the same problem with ideas appearing just before going to sleep - it is so frustrating!
I love the vibrancy of the Zig markers.
Elaine

Chrissy said...

Totally Awesome..fabulous colouring and love your zebra crossing..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Renee V said...

I have those fabulous design ideas in bed too!!! Love the bold colors of this card, so very pretty :) Good luck in the contest!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE how u used the stripes and your coloring is so fabulous! Very fun card

lostinpaper said...

AWEsome card, your card totally made me smile (and pinned)!

Aileen said...

Love this card, isnt it briliiant when a. Card turns out just as we planned. The colours are so vibrant, the idea so clever.

Gabby said...

So cute and colorful! Great card. Good luck! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME Card indeed!! =) I agree most of my cards come while I'm asleep too!! I try to write things down if I can that way I can remember them all!!?? I LOVE how you created the Mirror Images and the Coloring!! Well Done and Best of Luck on the Contest!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

PaperDoll said...

I'm thinking about doing a mirrored-image stamping too, LOL! I really like your card... It reminds me of the movie Up, have you seen it? :)

wendy said...

this is stunning , great card !

Natasha said...

Wow! Gorgeous work!

maria f. said...

Beautiful colors and Love all the black to make them pop.

LauraJane:) said...

This is SUPER STAR quality!! LOVE the lg stripes:)

Scrapthat said...

Awesome job! Love the Abbey road and I love that you did the Mirror image stamping on them! TFS

Bonnie said...

This looks so fabulous!! I just love it!! Great coloring on the birds super cute & funny idea with the Abbey Road crossing and I laughed out loud at the addition of the little googly eyes! Keep a pen and paper pad by your bed from now on...your dream cards are too good to lose! ;)

Ardyth said...

Congratulations, Jane - this is an adorable card!

LauraJane:) said...

YAY!!! Congratulations on the MFT SUPER STAR win:) So well deserved!

Susan R. Opel said...

Congratulations, Jane! This card is just absolutely AWESOME! I so enjoyed writing about it.

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS to you, Jane! You are so deserving of this win...your card is clever, beautifully executed and fabulous in every way!
Thanks for the link to the video :)

Aileen said...

Congratulations Jane, very well deserved Superstar.

Yoonsun Hur said...

Big, big congrats to you, Jane!! Your idea was really brilliant and the result was super awesome!!!

Tricia Barber said...

so glad you remembered this one!!!! Super fantastic card! Congrats on your win!

Darnell said...

I can only imagine how chuffed you are NOW, having been deservedly recognized as a Superstar because of this brilliant card!! Congratulations, Janey!! Hugs, Darnell

Inge Groot said...

Congratulations Superstar Jane, such a fun, bright and cute card. Love!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...