Thursday 10 September 2015

Penguins in Paradise



Greetings peeps!
Another week is hurtling by, almost time to shimmy Mr C up into the loft for the Christmas decorations. 
My card today features some cutie-patootie images from the MFT 'Penguins in Paradise' stamp set.


Having stamped & masked off my images, I made a circle stencil from an A4 plastic divider. The whole pack of 10 dividers was only £1, so I'm going to cut them all in half and make lots of my own re-usable stencils with the different dies I have.


So with my stencil taped down, I used Squeezed Lemonade & Salty Ocean distress inks to create the background...don't you just love those names?!


I can't get enough of these Zig brush markers, I hope I'm not boring you with using them.


I don't have a black so used the Light & Peacock blues to colour those cute little penguins.


3 shades of pink for the rubber-ring and drink, but trust me you don't need 3 pinks. You can get sooooooo many shades with just 2 pens.


Greens, oranges & yellows for the little fellas trunks and beach towel.


For the finishing touches I added dots with a white pen, glossy accents, Wink of Stella highlights and uber-trendy sequins (I am soooo down with the kids...lol).


Voila!

Entering this card at...

MFT Card Design Superstar contest (2nd entry)
Moving Along with the Times -Cute Animals




9 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, this is just sooooo cool!!, love the image, so much fun and the fabulous colours, bright and vibrant, Kate x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, this is just sooooo cool!!, love the image, so much fun and the fabulous colours, bright and vibrant, Kate x

heidy said...

What a great fun card Jane!,love the bright colors!!
XXX

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love this card, the masking and bright colours are fab and those little cuties are so sweet
Hugs Kelly

Linda said...

Oh my gosh Jane, this is sooooo gorgeous! I have just got my Zigs and I love your colouring - so inspiring thank you. Bright and happy and a tonne of fun!

Redland81 said...

Fab card. Just love the colours. I've got this set and must use it. My brush pens came this week and I love them. Great idea on the dividers. I must look for some of those. Great money saving tip! Jane

Chrissy said...

Fabulous colouring Jane and love the brightness of it all..the little penguins are so cute and what a great find..plastic dividers..I've been making my stencils with cardboard..two swipes of paste and they are done..must go fine plastic dividers..awesome card.

luv CHRISSYxx

mixamatoasties said...

This is fabulous. I really love it.

Thanks for sharing at MAWTT.

Susan

PS - you could also enter our challenge at Sweet Stampin which is Make A Scene. Perfect card for the challenge too.

Zarah said...

Oh my goodness, this is TOO fantastic!! *is in love*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...