Monday 8 February 2016

Alcohol Inks & Yupo (again)


I can't tell you how much I am enjoying playing with Yupo and Alcohol Inks (AI) at the moment. There just aren't enough hours in the day to play, create, marvel AND stroke these weeny bottles of magic.


I managed to find 2 stores in the UK who had an amazing sale / discount on inks so I topped up my wee collection while the prices were so low and I also bought some Yupo from a UK company ( SAA ) . This is a flimsier, lighter version than the one I bought off Amazon. I posted my earlier introduction to Yupo here... I'm finding that the inks on this flimsier version don't seem to so readily bloom into a circle when dripped. However, for my cards today I have been blowing the inks about so this hasn't been an issue. My recommendation at the mo' would be to get both versions for different techniques.


So on this card I dripped the ink (1 drop at a time) and blew it about using my Tim Holtz spritzer gadget. Trust me, you need to hold onto the all the oxygen you can get with the fumes of alcohol inks n' blending solution about, so this was the easy option. You could, if you have large lungs, simply blow through a straw. Once I'd finished blowing my colours about, I added teeny, tiny dots of blending solution in random areas to disperse the colours to leave white dots (the blending solution removes the ink)


I then mounted my Yupo (remember, this is the flimsier version) onto a piece of card, embossed a frame around it, then mounted it all onto my card base. A sentiment from MFT's 'Amazing' stamp set et voila!

I've got more AIs on Yupo to share, watch this space!




3 comments:

Tracey said...

Fabulous Jane & so creative :o) I love the colours.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, I just love this your colours and design is fantastic, Kate x

Chrissy said...

I'm not sure why you are not coming up on my reader list..but today you have and I'm just scrolling down to older posts, which is something I don't usually do, but so glad I am this morning Jane..LOOK AT ALL THOSE INKS..I have finally found a shop here that sell inks..they have 4 colours...lol..but it is a start.
This card is superb..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...