Saturday 24 December 2016

Deer Friends


Christmas Day is now less than 24hrs away...Woop! Woop! 
This was my card design for my gardening clients this year.


As I had so many, I prepared a kind of assembly line of crafting tasks. First up was to cut squares of watercolour card for my card bases. I then masked them off (one by one) and created a circular sky scene with Faded Jeans & Tumbled Glass Distress inks. I flicked water and dabbed with an old paper towel to add a little snowy effect.


Next up, adding the little trees from MFT's Deer Friends stamp set...


...then the sentiment from Paper Smooches.


I used my Misti to stamp lots of little deer. The Misti is so useful, especially if you don't stamp perfectly first time, or in this case, if you want to stamp layers of colours. I started by stamping the whole deer (again from the Deer Friends set) with a lighter brown and then I added a touch of darker brown to its back. 
(Ignore that dodgy deer, bottom right, I jogged my card and mis-stamped him).


I then fussy cut the deer and added them to my snowy scene with foam pads and then stuck it to my card base. A few stategically positioned sequins, a flitter of Wink of Stella glitter and a red gem nose et voila...😆


Merry Christmas to you all and thank you to everyone who has kindly commented on my wee bloglet over the past year. 
I hope Santa spoils you all rotten.
XXX

4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely card and Merry Christmas to you too!

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

Wonderful composition and a I agree, a lovely card! Happy holidays!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card for your clients Jane..I love a good assembly line and a cute effective finish..
A very Merry Christmas...hope your day is perfect and all the very best for the New Year...it is Christmas morning over here in NZ..5.30am and I'm up and all ready to go..lol..breakfast with my daughter and her family..then off to work to spread some cheer for my elderly clients who are alone...then home for lunch by myself [peace and quiet]...and the big dinner in the evening with all the family after a day of visiting inlaws - outlaws - and friends and I don't even have to peel one potatoe...all put on this year..See you next Year..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cindybearj said...

merry Christmas! I love your cute card. I hope to enjoy your cards next year also!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...