Friday 30 December 2016

Say It With Flowers


Coooooeeeey!
I hope you all had a fab n' groovy Christmas and that Santa was kind.
Technically I have enough bubble-bath to last until 2018 (that's as long as fav' daughter stays at uni') and in colours and scents that will make me almost good enough to eat 😆


My card today features a beautiful stamp from WPlus9's 'Botanical Bunch' set. Sheesh, I ummed n' arrred over whether or not to buy this stamp set for ages (it's the Libran in me), putting it in my basket, taking it out again, faffing about like the procrastinator I am.


Honestly, don't EVER ask me to make instant life or death decisions...you'd die of boredom waiting for an answer.
Anyway...I digress...I bought it...eventually...and then stressed about 'had I done the right thing?'. Honesty, it's not easy being me you know.



So I think it's pretty clear how I made this card. I masked off a circular area on my piece of card and a strip through the middle. I used my MISTI to stamp the large floral stamp inside my circle. You don't need a MISTI for this but it does make it so much darned easier for getting your stamp in the right place and for re-stamping if it isn't inked up perfectly first time.


With all the masking removed, I added the recipients name, using Altenew's Calligraphy Alpha stamps, Wink of Stella glitter and purple sequins and stuck the whole lot to my card base....job done!


So 2016 is almost over.
I hope 2017 is kinder to all the good people on our precious planet...including you, you gorgeous lot.
Happy New Year!!
XXX

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous stamp set Jane and love the end result..gorgeous card, so very effective and love the added purple sequins..Happy New Year my friend..

Luv CHRISSxx

Ineke said...

What a great idea ( and explanation)
Sure going to try this soon.

Ineke said...

What a great idea ( and explanation)
Sure going to try this soon.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Jane, and thanks for the how to instructions.
Best wishes to you and yours for the coming year, have a great Hogmanay, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...