Wednesday 8 March 2017

Colouring with Polychromos


I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and have a go at colouring with pencils. I've had the Faber-Castell Polychromos for ages but I just keep looking at them and stroking them occasionally.


So it was time to put these bad boys into action, well...3 of them, Grass Green, Light Purple Pink and Dark Chrome Yellow. 


I used the stunning Beautiful Day stamp set by Altenew which is a layering stamp set but I just used the flower and leaf outline bits. This card is for a fellow crafter who needs some encouragement.


As always, the hardest part of this card was getting those darned sequins in just the right place but I got there eventually.
Time to colour card = 1hr
Time to position sequins = 3 days


5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is so beautiful Jane, such pretty colours to your rather lovely blooms, fabulous design, especially the placing of the sequins, Kate x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful pencil coloring! I never have the restraint to leave those big open white spaces, but they look soooo good! TFS!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Jane..I use my pencils a lot but only the cheap Faber castell pencils, but one day I will get the polychromos as the colours are so very vibrant and clear.and I'm so glad it only took you three days to place the sequins..they are my worst nightmare trying to get them to look good on my cards..yours are always perfect..GORgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Ali said...

Gorgeous I've got some that just get stroked lol along with some inktense ones too lol did you just use pencils or did you blend with some sansador?? Or similar?? I get things then I'm nit b4ave enough to play/use them if you know what I mean lol xx

cindybearj said...

Your card is okay but the sequins are fabulous!!! Just kidding. Your coloring is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...