Friday 12 May 2017

Acrylic Pouring No 5


Welcome back to the ol' blog and another attempt at acrylic pouring.
In case you are visiting me for the first time and you're interested in Acrylic Pouring then may I suggest checking out the work & Youtube videos of Annemarie Ridderhof. Annemarie has made over 100 videos, experimenting with a variety of acrylic paint brands, mediums, etc, so if you have time, watch them all. I promise, you'll feel like Annemarie is your best buddy, she has an amazing spirit and a certain 'je ne sais quoi'. I could listen to and watch her create all day.


I actually did this acrylic pour at Easter but have only just got round to turning it into a card. I think you can make out the colours I used, red, orange, yellow, green and white, all cheap acrylics from The Range, except the white which is a Winsor & Newton .


This is my 5th attempt at acrylic pouring so if you look back at my old posts you'll get an idea on how I made this. Annemarie's videos will explain it far better.


To make my card I picked the best portion of my dried pouring and cut a square. I then sliced that piece into 4 sections, added a foam backing to each to give some dimension and stuck to my card base. I finished with some Nuvo Crystal Drop dots.
There's something really satisfying about acrylic pouring....I love it!

5 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Brilliant ... this is so vibrant, colourful, fun just fabulous!
Elaine

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such an artistic look! You are making some beautiful stuff with this technique!

Mac Mable said...

Ok.... Now you are spoiling us xxx What an amazing colour combination, works so well...I am going to do this and I am going to show you!!!! A week away first though x

Christy at Runaway Art and Craft Studio said...

This is beautiful

Dotty Jo said...

What an intriguing process! Just signed-up at your newest follower as I'm loving everything I see here, Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...