Friday 9 March 2018

Pastel Heart - Mixed Media


Today I have another little mixed media heart to share with you.
I love making these as gifts. They're perfect for all sorts of occasions or just simply to inspire or encourage someone with a heartfelt sentiment.


I made this one for a special aunt.
I started by applying a base coat of white gesso and then different depth layers of white crackle paste. By applying different thicknesses of crackle paste you get different sized cracks.


I used a Crafters Workshop stencil called 'Cell Theory', with light paste, to add some extra texture and pattern. The little frame was also gesso'd n' crackled and added to the heart with a photo of my aunt and uncle. I stuck it on in such a way that the recipient can change the photo should they wish. 


The decorations are a mixture of wedding and Christmas embellishments, glass stones, sisal and gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.


No glitter this time, no coloured paint effects, no razzamatazz.
Just a soft, feminine, decorative gift for a special person.

1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, your little heart is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful embellishments and design, a truly wonderful gift for your Aunt, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...