Wednesday 25 September 2019

Hobby Art - Bee Friendly


Being an avid gardener, bees are very dear to my heart, and I absolutely LOVE this beautiful stamp set from Hobby Art called 'Bee Friendly'


I decided to use Distress Oxides for my background. I'm not a huge fan of the chalky look so I like to use them on glossy photo paper.


These are the colours I used (above). 
Just a simple ink smooshing technique...squish a colour onto your craft mat, spray with water, smoosh your paper into the ink & dry. Then repeat with the colours until you get the effect you like.


When it's all dry, grab a wet one and wipe the chalkyness away to reveal a glossy, vibrant look. In the photo above the right hand side has been wiped so you can see the difference.


At this stage I changed my mind about my card background and decided to create a simple black & white background of bees. I die-cut the Distress Oxide sheet into hexagons using Clearly Besotted's Honeycomb die.


I fussy cut a giant bee from the stamp set, coloured with Promarkers and stuck it onto my card along with the hexagons. I also added Glossy Accents to the wings.


A busy bee card, perfect for a garden lover.

2 comments:

clelie said...

I love all the bees on your background and bringing the honeycomb forward...it's cleverly done! (I recently made a card with the honeycomb in the background and the bees were forward...I like your design better! :D ) Instead of using wipes to remove the chalk residue, I run the photo paper under gently running water (yes, the tap) and with my hand, wipe all the chalk away. It only takes a couple seconds. Pat it dry with paper towel. If it has curled at all, I leave it on the paper towel overnight and it is flat in the morning and perfectly dry. Micro Glaze and Distress Glaze will also remove the chalky residue and accentuate the shine. I found I was using too many wipes and sometimes had a problem with streaking with the baby wipes. Just a thought. ♥

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card Jane, I love the bee theme and your colours are fabulous, super design, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...